Professional Seasonal Maintenance Services for All Makes & Models
Our certified technicians at Edmonton Tirecraft will prepare your vehicle for the upcoming season. We strictly use only the proper parts and procedures to encourage optimal performance and to ensure vehicle manufacturer warranties are kept. The type of seasonal maintenance performed differs slightly according to which season your vehicle is being prepared for.
What Exactly is Seasonal Maintenance?
Seasonal maintenance service consists of an inspection of your vehicle for any problems, especially those that are common in the past season. Then your local Edmonton Tirecraft Auto Service technicians will prepare your vehicle for the upcoming or current season. This is done in order to enhance the performance of your vehicle while preventing any failure or breakdowns saving you money in the long term. It is much less expensive to perform regular maintenance than it is to wait until a major component breaks down or an accident occurs due to an undetected and easily preventable problem.
Your local technicians at Edmonton Tirecraft can provide the following service to all makes and models on the road:
- Tire change – Summer Tires, or All-Season Tires, should be replaced with Winter Tires or vice versa.
- Tire rotation – Tires are to be rotated to prevent wear and help the longevity of the tires.
- Battery – The battery is tested to ensure it is in working condition and strong enough to last the season. This is especially important during the winter season where it works over time.
- Cabin Air Filter Check – Done to ensure no dirt and grime is present that would decrease air quality and efficiency of the heating and cooling systems.
- Fluid Check – Brake fluid, coolant/antifreeze, transmission fluid, differential fluid and power steering fluid are all checked and topped up.
- Brakes and suspension – Brakes and suspension components are inspected and replaced if necessary.
- Wheel Alignment – Wheel alignment is inspected and adjusted to meet manufacturers specifications. Wheel alignment should be performed
- if you drive over a large pothole or hit a snow bank or curb!
- Oil Change – The engine oil is inspected and topped up or replaced.
- Tire Tread Depth – Your tire tread depth is inspected to ensure vehicle safety on roads. This is especially important during the winter
- Windshield Wipers and Fluid – Wipers are inspected and replaced if necessary. Wiper fluid is topped up.
Benefits of Seasonal Maintenance
Do you really need seasonal maintenance even if your car appears to be running smoothly? The answer is YES. Unforeseen car problems that result from poor maintenance can lead to expensive repairs down the road. It is beneficial to have your vehicle serviced and maintained prior to the changing seasons. This practice can avoid untimely and costly repairs.
Also, a recent survey done by the Car Care Council found that:
All of these issues are a quick fix but can lead to major problems if left alone. Our seasonal maintenance services will inspect and correct all these problems!
Come book your seasonal maintenance here at Edmonton Tirecraft for expert seasonal maintenance service!